one breath at a time.


hello and good evening my sweet friends! hehe, that photo above?! just me and liam doing what we do! i take a cuddle break every few hours with my guy. he's an angel.

i miss blogging. my life has just been really full recently, and i can see that with busyness comes new priorities (apparently dog cuddling is still a big one!). some days i feel so heavily overwhelmed with the responsibilities of being a business owner, but i quickly remember (most of the time) there's only so much one person can do in a day. in a way, this thought makes me calm. i realize things will get done in their own time, and me cramming my head with worry and dread does nothing to change this. 

being a waitress (i waitressed until my second year of purusha) has helped me to be a better entrepreneur. when you're waitressing, and it's friday night and you've got 9 tables you prioritize pretty fast. you see that getting all stressed and bothered does nothing to help your cause. it makes your performance worse. so you take a deep breath, focus your mind on the task at hand, and get a busser to run your food out while you greet table number 10 like you have all the time in the world for them. it's all about the task at hand, and remembering you can only do one thing at a time.

one thing at a time. deep breaths. focus on the task at hand. it's funny, because this is meditation isn't it? we practice yoga, watch our breath, and meditate when moments are still, so that maybe, just maybe, we can remember to do these things when the storms come. it's way easier said than done, that's for sure. but it looks like i'm in for a lot of practice as purusha evolves and challenges me more and more each day. again, i'm a waitress. things are running smoothly, but every once in a while you spill someone's drink. i.e. your website is down because the wholesale page is malfunctioning (right now.. ugh!). all i can do is my very best and leave it at that.

i'm doing my very best. i'm here in the storm and taking one breath at a time. namaste.

2 comments:

  1. Haley,
    One thing I appreciate about your blog shares is how candid and real you are. You don't hide behind the beautiful pieces you create and the amazing asanas your body can form. You tell it like it is. I'm in the storm too right now with the challenges of mothering a child going through some things, living on the other side of the globe from friends and family, trying to be a positive mentor for the dozen + kids yoga classes I teach a week while sometimes barely holding my own self and life together. Thanks for the reminder to take it one breath at a time. Because in the end, we will survive every moment but the last, eh?
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sweet sam, thank you so much for reading. we all go through so much in this life dont we? sending you a giant virtual hug and thoughts of love <3 xoxo

      Delete

 

hayley's haven © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger